The Adventure Ride of your Life
Melbourne to Garma Festival
35 days of the best adventure riding in Australia, culminating in the world famous Garma Festival in Arnhem Land
About the Ride
Travel more than 7000 kilometres through the red sandy heart of Australia. Ride iconic roads such as the Oodnadatta Track, the Mereenie Loop, the Central Arnhem Rd and other Australian bucket list rides for many Adventure riders.
Departing Melbourne, this guided and fully supported tour will have you ride around Lake Mungo - home of Mungo Man and Mungo Lady and traditional custodians the Muthi Muthi, Ngiyampaa and Paakantyi peoples. From there you will weave your way through the Flinders Ranges (home of the Adnyamathanha people) and on to the remote Aboriginal communities such as Arakoola, Finke, Hermansburg, Yuendumu, Barunga.
From Katherine you will travel the Central Arnhem Rd to Arnhem Land and Nhulunbuy - home of the Yothu Yindi Foundation and the Garma Festival. Following the 4-days festival, you will ride to Darwin to finish the ride.
Due to the length of this amazing ride, we can arrange for your bike to be shipped to your home or the location of your choice.
Hire bikes are available - with collection in Melbourne and drop-off in Darwin.
Cultural Visits and Insights
Meet Traditional Owners of the land you ride on. Learn about Aboriginal culture, visit special sites and eat traditional foods. Key cultural site visits will include Uluru, Kata Tjuta, Kings Canyon, Palm Valley - just to name a few. Visit amazing towns such as Maree, Williams Creek, Oodnadatta, Alice Springs, Burunga and Katherine.
Site visits and track selection may vary dependent on weather and accessibility.
Being the ride of a lifetime, you will need a good basic level of fitness - including ride fitness (ability to stand / sit on a bike for hours at a time). A medium level of rider skill will be important or experience on sand and muddy roads. We don't expect much mud, but if the weather is wet, we will need to navigate muddy tracks.
Motorcycles are available for hire. Maximum 20 riders only on this tour. The number of riders must be limited to allow appropriate cultural engagement with the Traditional Custodians of the lands we ride on.
All accommodation is included, and camping in remote areas will be a major part of the trip.
• All accommodation – including tents for camping
• All meals while camping
• Cultural activities
• Entry and accommodation at the Garma Festival
• All required national park passes and permissions to entry remote communities
• Briefings by Traditional Owners along the ride – learn about their culture, the history of their people and places – learn about the land you ride on
• Cultural awareness briefings on how to engage comfortably with Indigenous Elders and other Traditional Owners if desired
• Fully supported ride with a back-up vehicles to carry luggage (limited to one 40lt bag per rider) and to assist with emergencies, mechanical issues or even flat-tyres
• On Enquiry - includes a 35 day guided tour, cultural activities,
all accommodation and entry to the 4 day Garma Festival.
• Support vehicles will carry your luggage, though you will need to carry a basic tool kit and spare tubes.
• Single accommodation rate: $TBC
• Maximum 20 riders on this tour - so get in quick!
• Single room accommodation upgrade available - this does not include tented accommodation at Garma Festival, which is controlled by the Festival organisers and will be share accommodation
• If you’re in a hurry to get home, we will get your bike home for you – price on request
• Motorcycles are available for hire – price on request
• Meals when we stop in towns
• Medical coverage or insurance
• Motorcycle insurance or repairs – we will endeavour to help with the basics if we can i.e. flat-tyres